The Invisalign clear aligner system is the modern way to get straight, beautiful teeth. It doesn’t use any metal. No brackets are cemented to your tooth. Instead, clear aligners cover your teeth and gently move them to their ideal positions. You take out your aligners when it’s time to eat or brush and floss.
Braces can take two to three years for many patients, but Invisalign straightening often takes only six to twelve months. Plus, we offer accelerated orthodontics for patients who need to finish sooner or have struggled with orthodontics before.
During treatment, your jawline, chin, and overall facial structure might end up looking better too, especially if your bite needs to be corrected. Find out more by calling Central Connecticut Orofacial Pain & Sleep Medicine for a FREE Invisalign consultation. Find out quickly if you are a great candidate for Invisalign aligners.
The Steps of Your Consultation
We hope you’ll feel comfortable and relaxed when you visit us for your consultation. We strive to make everyone feel welcome. Dr. Hollinger will listen to your specific goals, and we’ll use state-of-the-art dental technology to ensure that you get the information and results you need.
Once we get your general information and dental records, the doctor will meet with you and you’ll go through these steps:
- Digital Scans: We use cutting-edge 3D x-ray scanners to build a picture of your teeth and jaws. This will reveal any problems that would get in the way of moving your teeth, and will show ideal routes for moving those teeth.
- Examination of Records: We’ll check over your dental and medical history, searching for dental and orthodontic work that has been performed before, which could affect your Invisalign treatment. We’ll also see if any medical challenges could affect the process.
- Examination of Your Bite: A quick check will show your doctor whether you have a regular bite, underbite, overbite, or crossbite. We’ll see how your teeth come together and plan to correct your bite to protect your teeth and improve your facial structure.
- Dental Health Check: Your doctor will see if your teeth, gums, and other tissues are in good health. It’s important to start your Invisalign treatment with a baseline of good oral health, so we can focus explicitly on straightening your teeth.
- Conversation: You can tell Dr. Hollinger any concerns you have about Invisalign aligners and ask any questions. You can find out exactly what you should expect, and you can get to know the dentist you’ll be working with.
- Digital Impressions: If you are an ideal candidate, we’ll create impressions of your teeth in the computer through Invisalign scanning technology. This digital technology makes taking impressions faster and easier than ever.
- Modeling: Invisalign software will make a 3D model of your bite movements and your teeth in our computers. This is used to plan your series of aligners, which will be 3D printed at Invisalign labs. We can show you a prediction of your final smile, too!
Do you need help with payments? Talk to your friendly staff about the type of insurance you have, our payment plans, payment types we accept, and outside financing options. You shouldn’t be excluded from the treatments you need because of cost. We want to help you get the smile you need for greater confidence, nutrition, and quality of life.
Are You an Invisalign Candidate?
While Invisalign aligner trays can straighten a wide variety of crooked teeth, some dental problems are simply not compatible with Invisalign clear aligners. If Invisalign aligners aren’t right for you, we will help you find a different treatment type that will still give you the results you need.
What Qualifies a Person for Invisalign Aligners?
- Teeth Maturity: One reason is that it’s only recommended for adult teeth. If a younger patient doesn’t have all their adult teeth yet, an Invisalign treatment is not the right option, as it can’t as easily be readjusted as the new teeth grow in. However, some teens do qualify and can complete their treatment rapidly while studying, participating in sports, and eating normally.
- Oral Health and Hygiene: Teeth also must be clean, and gums and other tissues should be healthy before your treatment begins. It would not be best for you if we were to move decaying or infected teeth. Healthy gums are necessary, because they hold and nourish your teeth. And you need good overall oral hygiene to protect your gums and teeth during the months of your Invisalign treatment.
- Willpower: Lastly, do you have the ability and will to follow through? You’ll need to wear aligners for a minimum of 20 hours per day, so consider the following:
- Is your life in a major transition?
- Are you too focused on something else?
- Do you have the energy for this right now?
If you are able to form some basic habits with us, you’ll get a head-turning smile in a year or less.
Schedule a FREE Invisalign Consultation With Dr. Hollinger
Can Invisalign aligners improve your bite, straighten your smile, relieve crowded teeth, close gaps, and more? You’ll only know if you schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Hollinger. Call Central Connecticut Orofacial Pain & Sleep Medicine today.