Every set of your Invisalign aligners will be custom-made just for your teeth. They will fit comfortably in your mouth and apply steady pressure to move your teeth in the right directions.
You will use a series of aligners to achieve your results. Each aligner is designed to encourage your teeth to move just a small amount, according to your long-term plan. The next aligners in the series will then take over and move your teeth a little more, and so on.
This gentle force adds up. It can eventually:
- Move each tooth to the best position for a straight, beautiful smile.
- Rotate any tooth that needs it.
- Reshape your whole bite so that your teeth meet in the healthiest way for long-term jaw and tooth health.
What will you need to do? You’ll simply wear your aligners most of the time, except when you’re eating. And you’ll swap out your old aligners for the next ones on your schedule every two weeks (typically). We’ll map it out for you so that it’s easy.
Do Invisalign Clear Braces Follow Orthodontic Principles?
Is the Invisalign system on par with traditional orthodontics? Is it as good as metal braces? Is it legitimate? This innovative new orthodontic treatment has been used so many times that the Invisalign database now has information from about 6 million smiles in it.
The Invisalign system has more than 20 years of research supporting it, along with more than 900 patents. Many professional dentists take impressions of teeth using Invisalign equipment and send them to the biggest 3D printing network in the world, proving how established the Invisalign system is.
Invisalign aligners get results, and move teeth just as effectively as traditional braces—even faster, in some cases. Adults and teens especially appreciate Invisalign aligners, because the system conveniently fits into their busy schedules and moves teeth without using intrusive metal brackets and wires.
What Does the Invisalign Process Look Like?
When you call in and schedule a free Invisalign consultation with Dr. Hollinger, we’ll start you through a standard process. You’ll know what to expect at each of these stages:
- Initial Consultation: You’ll discuss your concerns and goals with Dr. Hollinger, who is a good listener and will give you immediate feedback. (This is a major advantage over mail-order aligners, which don’t give you direct contact with a professional dentist).
- Checkup: The doctor will examine your teeth, gums, and oral tissues to make sure there are no problems that would prevent orthodontics from being used. It’s important to have good dental health as a baseline before beginning orthodontic treatment.
- X-Rays: We take thorough x-ray images of your jaw and teeth to ensure that any movements will be safe and successful. X-rays allow us to be accurate and precise in your customized treatment.
- Impressions: We can now take impressions by directly scanning your teeth into our computer system—no messy impression material any more. We think you’ll appreciate the ease of these digital impressions!
- Aligner Design: We use 3D modeling software to design your whole series of aligners in advance. This technology is highly accurate, so you can count on your aligners delivering the smile you want successfully.
- Aligner Creation: Your plan is digitally saved and sent instantly over the internet to Invisalign laboratories. State-of-the-art 3D printers create your customized aligners quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Placement: At your next appointment, we’ll place your first set of aligners on your teeth and show you how to take them out and put them in yourself. We’ll give you the next several sets of aligners to use when the first ones have done their work.
- Home Routine: You’ll simply wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, taking them out during meals and cleaning. Your dentist will make sure you understand what your aligner schedule will be so you can be fully confident in the process.
- Swapping Aligners: Our schedule will make it easy to switch to the next set of aligners when it’s time. You can call us any time if you have questions, and you can use the Invisalign app to give you reminders too.
- Check-in With the Doctor: It’s now possible to get a remote checkup with your doctor through the Invisalign app. By taking pictures of your own teeth, you can show us your progress. You can also swing by the office for checkups, if you’d prefer!
Would you be excited for your teeth to be moving toward their ideal positions without coworkers or friends even noticing your appliances? Can you imagine the feeling of excitement as your teeth start to get straighter? Our patients find their confidence increasing as the process gets close to completion—and enjoy the hope that their amazing new smile will soon be seen.
Schedule Your Free Invisalign Consultation
Would you like to find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign clear aligners? There’s no risk in an initial consultation. You’ll find out about your general oral and dental health, and we’ll let you know if you’re ready to move forward with Invisalign right away. Call Central Connecticut Orofacial Pain & Sleep Medicine now for a friendly, comfortable appointment.