Insurance and Financing – Glastonbury, CT
Flexible Payment Options Help You Afford Necessary Treatment
Whether you’re dealing with sleep apnea, TMD, or other orofacial issues, Dr. Hollinger and the rest of our team are eager to help you resolve your problems. Our goal is to help you enjoy a healthier, happier life. However, we also understand that many patients are concerned about finances. That is why we abide by a flexible insurance and financing policy that we hope will enable you to receive the treatment you need without undue financial stress.
We Work with Insurance
We’re happy to accept payment from most insurance companies that provide coverage for our specialty services. We’ll file your claims for you and help you understand how your plan does or does not apply in any given situation.
Here are a few notes to keep in mind as you prepare to use your insurance with us:
- We’re not in-network with any plans, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re barred from using your policy in our office. If you have a PPO plan or another type of coverage that allows you to visit out of network care providers, we warmly welcome you to use it in our practice!
- To make sure things go as smoothly as possible, we encourage our patients to have their insurance information ready when they schedule their appointments with us. This allows us to verify your coverage before you visit us.
- If you don’t have your insurance card ready when you schedule your appointment, we’ll be happy to verify your coverage when you come to our office for treatment.
- Some insurance companies require a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) before they’ll provide coverage for our specialty services. Please check the specifics of your policy to find out if this applies in your case.
Why No Network Coverage?
Insurance companies often have complicated policies that dictate what treatments are and are not covered. Furthermore, they may also try to impose certain standards of care on dentists and other health professionals. Those standards of care are not always as high as they should be; they may be more focused on saving money for the insurance company rather than on what is best for the patient.
In our practice, our primary philosophy on care is patient-focused, not money-focused. That’s why we choose not to have an in-network relationship with any insurance company.
If you find out that your insurance company will not cover the treatment you receive in our office, take heart! Not being beholden to your policy’s rigorous standards is actually an advantage. You’ll be able to focus on getting the treatment you need without jumping through a lot of insurance hoops. Furthermore, your insurance company won’t be able to place any holds on your treatment so you can get the care you need as soon as possible.
Of course, you might still be concerned about paying for our services. That’s why we offer flexible financing options that allow you to break up the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly chunks.
We accept two forms of affordable financing:
- CareCredit is a company that offers low- to no-interest financing for medical and dental services. After you open your CareCredit account, you’ll be able to use your credit, not just in our office, but in most medical and dental settings around the country.
- GreenSky offers financing on a merchant by merchant basis. That means you can get an affordable loan from them to use specifically in our practice.
Insurance and Financing FAQs
Dr. Hollinger is one of the select providers to have achieved the credentials necessary for board certification with the American Academy of Orofacial Pain and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He has demonstrated a commitment to adhering to the latest evidenced-based treatment of orofacial pain and dental sleep medicine. He is proud to serve patients from across the Northeast.
The following are common questions patients have regarding insurance and their supplemental benefit plans:
Do you take my insurance?
A: We do not participate with "in-network" insurance plans, but are able to submit to any open insurance policy. This means that if your plan allows for out-of-network benefits, you may be eligible to receive coverage for services in our office.
How do I know if my plan pays for out of network services?
A: It is important to review the guidelines in your contract with the insurance provider. If you are unsure, you may need to call member services and inquire about your policy provisions and coverage details. In the event that your plan does not offer out-of-network coverage, you may be able to request a "gap exception" which will allow you to receive benefits for services under certain circumstances.
Why don't you participate with insurance plans?
A: Most insurance companies impose restrictions and limitations on the cost, frequency, and types of care participating doctors are able to provide to patients under their contract. After careful evaluation, we have determined that participating with insurance contracts would interfere with our ability to provide optimum care to our patients. At Central Connecticut Orofacial Pain and Sleep Medicine, we believe in treating our patients based on each individual's needs and circumstances. Because we are concerned about your overall health, we are not willing to compromise the quality of care we provide to you and your family. As a courtesy to our patients, we submit all claims and all necessary documentation to your insurance plan, and we accept assignment of benefits so that you will only pay the portion your insurance does not cover.
What happens if my care isn't covered by insurance?
A: Most of our patients like to use their flexible spending/HSA accounts for these services, or take advantage of our flexible financing options through Care Credit and Greensky.