Do you want straight, beautiful teeth through Invisalign clear braces? What if we told you that it’s possible to have that treatment completed more quickly than usual?
Accelerated orthodontics can improve the speed of Invisalign invisible aligners (which is already fairly fast) by up to 60%, in the best cases. If you’re planning for an important event coming up in a year or less—or you just like to be fast and efficient—we can talk about the technologies available.
Greater Invisalign Effectiveness With Munchies®
The company EOCA makes our preferred dental acceleration method: Munchies. These small devices are used to help Invisalign aligners work as well as possible (Read How Invisalign Invisible Braces Works for a refresher).
When you put in a new set of aligners, you will gently bite on a Munchies device, working your way along the rows of teeth. This causes each aligner to fit as snugly as possible against your teeth.
Each aligner is designed to move your teeth in a planned way, and the Munchies ensure that the maximum force is efficiently and correctly applied. They were created by an orthodontics expert and shaped from state-of-the-art materials to protect the precise shape and function of each aligner.
Munchies can help:
- Save Time and Money: Your treatment time can be shorter, which results in saved money that might otherwise be used in adjusting your aligners.
- Reduce Discomfort: Aligners are less likely to press on blood vessels around each tooth, which can cause discomfort.
- Increase Bone Change: With Munchies, studies have found increased activity in the cells that remodel bone. Your teeth will change positions in the jawbone more quickly.
- Improve Treatment Predictability: When aligners are working as efficiently as possible, Dr. Hollinger can help you hit your target treatment end date more reliably.
- Make Retainers More Effective: After you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment, Munchies help retainers to keep your teeth in their best positions.
Munchies are simple to use. They can become a regular part of your routine when you put in new aligners, and they’ll make your aligners feel more secure. You probably won’t want to use aligners without Munchies after you try them! Dr. Hollinger can give you detailed information and all kinds of advice on how best to use them.
Do You Need Accelerated Orthodontics?
Why would you like your orthodontics treatment to be completed more quickly? We are happy to help you for many different reasons, such as:
- Unresponsive Teeth: Your teeth may not be moving with other orthodontic methods, or may be resistant to certain orthodontic methods.
- Discouragement: You may be burned out from previous experiences with orthodontics, especially if they have taken too long in the past.
- A Major Event: You might be about to move to a new area, start a new job, or perform an important function. Accelerated orthodontics can improve your smile in time!
- Losing Orthodontic Progress: You’ve had orthodontics before, but your teeth have started to move in the wrong direction.
- Short Roots: Your tooth roots are in danger of shortening, which would weaken their attachment to your jaw. Accelerated orthodontics can strengthen these roots.
The Invisalign system alone may be fast enough to help you reach your goals, depending on your teeth. During your Invisalign consultation, you can discuss what you need with Dr. Hollinger, and he can help you decide if you need accelerated orthodontics.
Revolutionary Acceleration With Propel
During your Invisalign treatment, aligners place precise pressure on each tooth that is scheduled to move. This force creates microscopic spaces in the jawbone and moves the tooth slightly. Then, the body grows new bone cells to fill the spaces. This repeats until the tooth is settled in the place Dr. Hollinger planned for it.
In 1983, it was discovered that orthodontists could accelerate this process by manually placing small dimples in the bone. It only takes a few minutes, and it stimulates the bone to make an easier path for the tooth to move through. We use Propel technology to offer these benefits to you and your teeth!
This process is standardized and safe. We will:
- Take x-rays to plan the movements of your teeth and decide the best paths that they will need to travel through.
- Physically and visually examine the jawbone so we can be sure you’re getting treatment that’s healthy for you.
- Administer anesthetic to make you comfortable and eliminate any pain or stress you might otherwise feel.
- Place the Propel orthodontic device over your teeth and gums and activate it to create the needed dimples in precise locations.
This can reduce overall Invisalign treatment time by as much as 50–60%. You might be done in half the time you would otherwise!
Are You a Candidate for Accelerated Orthodontics?
To find out, you’ll first need an Invisalign consultation at Central Connecticut Orofacial Pain & Sleep Medicine. Once Dr. Hollinger finds that you are a good candidate for Invisalign in general (using many standard indicators), we can discuss the typical treatment time and results of Invisalign and compare them to accelerated orthodontics.
Call Dr. Hollinger today for a free consultation!